Unibuddy is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to support our rapid growth and to build new scalable products and feature sets in a fast paced startup environment.
You’ll be an essential member of the Front End development team – a community of front end developers across our product teams. You’ll scale the front end codebase, hone our front end best practices, build out a comprehensive design system/component library and will be responsible for making our products look beautiful right from day one!
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has the ability to scale and work in a large CSS codebase, and is passionate about building accessible and polished user interfaces through CSS animation.
- Enjoys managing complexity and maintaining high performance in complex web applications using React, as well as optimising components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Takes the time to understand the value of our product and commits to making it a success.
More About Our Team
As an engineering team, we are committed, hardworking and always looking to learn and improve our craft. This happens in regular knowledge sharing sessions and we are always keen to collaborate when a challenging problem comes up. We enjoy working in a cooperative atmosphere and value new ideas.
In our work, we use industry best practices like Scrum, TDD, CI/CD and code reviews as part of building every feature. We also continually evaluate new technologies to see if they can help improve our platform.
More About Our Benefits
- Competitive salary (£50,000 – £60,000 negotiable)
- Flexible working hours as well as work from home (WFH) Wednesdays and flexible WFH policy
- Minimum £1000 personal development budget (you have complete freedom on how to spend it)
- 2 weeks’ Personal Project time to work on anything you want
- WeWork Office private office space including WeWork networking opportunities, free beverages and more!
- 25 days’ paid annual leave
- Pension scheme